NOW HIRING: BILINGUAL YOUTH AND FAMILY EDUCATION ASSOCIATE
The Youth and Family Education Associate provides leadership in the development and delivery of programs that uplift the academic performance of Hispanic students, build Hispanic youth leaders, and engage Hispanic adults in improving the quality of life for themselves and their families. The Youth and Family Education Associate works with the students, volunteers, educational experts, and strategic partners in delivering programs and services that change the Hispanic academic achievement outcomes and build community leadership through service projects of Hispanic youth throughout Goodhue County.
Adult and Hispanic youth parent/guardian programming is scheduled throughout the year to address knowledge and information needs of the Hispanic community. Subjects can include, but are not limited to: supporting children in school; job search and interviewing; business startup and development; health and wellness; and community leadership.
The Youth and Family Education Associate provides energy, enthusiasm, knowledgeable and informed leadership in both development and delivery of programs. They are responsible for engaging education systems, business partners, county services, and community volunteers in development and delivery of programs. They report directly to the Executive Director, working on a full‐time basis in an exempt capacity with a salary commensurate to the assignment and experience.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities: The specific roles and responsibilities of the Youth and Family Education Associate are the following:
- Middle School & High School – Hispanic student Academic Intervention program implementation; academic achievement improvement
- Middle School & High School – Hispanic Youth Development program implementation
- Adult Education – Hispanic adult program implementation; family connections to community; family program satisfaction
- School Districts & Local Agency – Strategic Partnership engagement for Hispanic student success
- Volunteer recruitment, training, & supervision
- Budget management & financial plan
- Direct reports: Interns [2/yr] – Community & Youth Outreach; educational program support
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in youth and community educational programming
- Experience with program development and design of delivery
- Program assessment and impact evaluation skills
- Experience and or demonstrated understanding of business plans, forecasts, and analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit operations and leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide array of strategic partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Strong computer skills and technological competency
- Passion for and deep understanding of the Hispanic community
- Experience with the Hispanic community in greater Minnesota and/or the Twin Cities Greater Metro Area and establishing relationships across diverse communities
- Ability to articulate passion for the HOGC mission
- Bachelor’s degree in education preferred; 3‐5 years experience in education and social services
- Bilingual: written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish
To Apply: To apply, submit information by 11:59pm on Sunday, June 30th. Send cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and three references as one .pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org . A confirmation email will be sent upon application receipt.
Questions about this opportunity can be directed to Lucy Richardson at Hispanic Outreach of Goodhue County at email@example.com .